From James:
This Saturday, the annual literature fest in San Francisco, LitQuake is holding its time-honored and much ballyhoo'd LitCrawl in the Mission. During which people shuffle from bar to bar, drinking as they go, seeing people read, flirting with strangers, and otherwise getting their buzz on while nodding or laughing as the wordly what-not is offered up over cocktails.The LitQuake site
And yours truly is involved in a few ways.
First! The Farallon Review, a lit journal with which I am involved, is having an event at Dalva @ 6pm. My friends Lynka, Jules, and Jim will be reading. Which will be...and I'm not exaggerating here...probably the most twisted line-up of fiction one could hear all night. I'll be right there with you for this one.
(first and a half! - a quick shuffle around the block to the Elbo Room, much giggling and stumbling encouraged)
Second! I'll be reading downstairs at the Elbo Room sometime between 7:15 and 8:15pm for Opium Magazine. Last time I read out, I read the first half of a short story that had no ending. On Saturday I'll read the ending of that short story and see how that goes. Be there to see me either soar or flop; it'll be a hoot. Opium is a fine publication with weird people attached. There will be entertainments galore.
I'd love to see you all. Pass the invite on to friends. Form a flash crowd. Start a fight, an absurd political movement, whatever works, make me proud. In any case, have a great night out.
Cheers,
James
The LitCrawl schedule
Phase I: 6-7 pm
Dalva, 3121 16th Street
SF Lit Journals Dish It Out: Watchword Press and Farallon Review
21 and over
For Watchword Press: Benjamin L. Perez, Andy Touhy, Carly Anne West
Emcee: Liz Lisle
For Farallon Review: Lynka Adams, James Bernard Frost, S.J. Sasken
Emcee: Tim Foley
Phase II: 7:15-8:15 pm
Downstairs @ The Elbo Room, 647 Valencia Street
Taking It All In: Opium And Canteen
21 and over
For Opium Magazine: James Hass, Kristin Kearns, Kelly Luce
Emcee: Todd Zuniga
For Canteen: Robin Ekiss, Sean Finney, Sam Wilson
Emcee: Sean Finney
No comments:
Post a Comment